Herdade Paço do Conde
"Inspired by the sun, seasoned by the earth"
A MILLENNIUM AGRICULTURAL TRADITION
The history of this Herdade goes back to the end of the century. XIV. The Herdade is referred since 1,378 in the beginnings of the Kingdom of Portugal.
Much of the "Herdade Paço do Conde" is located between the vestiges of an old Roman castle next to the Guadiana and the ancient Roman city of the "Vilares".
For more than three centuries, the Paço do Conde Estate has been owned by the Castelo Branco family. The origin of one of the oldest agricultural enterprises of the Country, founded in 1928 under the name Agricultural Society Paço do Conde, is managed today by the management of the current owners, José António Ferrão Castelo Branco, Luís Miguel Ferrão Castelo Branco and Maria Luísa Castelo Branco Schmidt, grandchildren of the founder.
The mother house was divided giving rise to several companies, of which the owners are partners. The three partners own a group of distinct agricultural societies, which constitute the Conde, and are currently responsible for the exploitation of around 3,000 hectares of agricultural area on the banks of the river Guadiana, Baixo Alentejo, Southern Portugal.
In the 3,000 hectares of the Estate, in addition to the production of wine grapes, diverse crops such as olive groves, wheat, sunflower, corn, poppy, horticultural crops and sown pastures and natural for cattle feed. The continuity of the Agricultural Exploration and the development of the Adega e Lagar are essential components of this project.
This passion for land is shared in every bottle of wine and olive oil produced by Paço do Conde Estate.